After months of speculation, excitement, and much waiting, the first Michelin Guide Dubai 2022 has finally been released.
Gwendal Poullennic (international director of the Michelin Guide) disclosed the names during an exclusive ceremony at Dubai Opera.
69 restaurants served 21 different cuisines in the inaugural edition. Two restaurants were awarded two Michelin Stars and nine received one Michelin Star. 14 restaurants were also named Bib Gourmand.
Poullennic Stated – “This very first Dubai preference of restaurants marks a historical moment for the Michelin Guide and the Middle East. What makes Dubai’s food landscape so different is its review of the over 200 nationalities that call the city home, giving an epicurean kaleidoscope. All of the restaurants in this quick-speed vibrant and stunning city have in typical is they are filled with fondness and excitement. Today, the Dubai emirate is settled as an encouraging culinary spot and we have no suspicions that foodies from all around the globe would be attracted by its very remarkable energy.”
Here are the restaurants that get Dubai’s first-ever Michelin Stars –
- The restaurants that were granted ‘Two Michelin Stars’ are II Ristorante – Niko Romito and Stay by Yannick Alleno.
- The restaurants that get ‘One Michelin Star’ are 11 Woodfire, Al Muntaha, Hakkasan, Ossiano, Armani Ristorante, Torno Subito, Hoseki, Tresind Studio, and Tasca by Jose Avillez.
- Fourteen restaurants of the Dubai emirate were granted Bib Gourmand awards. These awards recognize restaurants that give high food at fair costs. The restaurants that formed it to the names are – Al Khayma, Brasserie Boulud, Folly, IndyaBy Vineet, Goldfish, Kinoya, REIF Japanese Kushiyaki, Ninive, Fi’Lia, Teible, and Shabestan.
Michelin Special Awards
- For 2022, the Young Chef Award was provided to Solemann Haddad of Michelin-chosen restaurant, Moonrise.
- The Sommelier Award this year went to Danijela Tesic of Ossianof for her fondness and experience with wines. In addition, her friendly methods with diners formed her a better option.
- The welcome and service award was provided to the team at Bait Maryam.
The other 44 restaurants that made it to the Michelin Guide Dubai 2022 list are –
3 Fils, Akira Back, Al Mandaloun, Al-Fanar, Amazonico, Avatara, avli by Tashas, Bleu Blanc, Bombay Bungalow, Carnival by Tresind, Ce La Vi, Celebrities by Mauro Colagreco, Cipriani, Clap, Coya, Demon Duck by Alvin Leung, Gaia, Hashi, Hell’s Kitchen, Hutong, Il Borro, Indigo by Vineet, L’Atelier de Joel Robuchon, Little Miss India, Lowe, LPM, Marea, Masti, Mimi Kakushi, Moonrise, Netsuby Ross Shonhan, Nobu, Pierre’s TT, Rhodes W1, Rockfish, Sea Fu, Shang Palace, Siraj, Social By Heinz Beck, Sucre, Tan Cha, The Artisan, Tresind, and Zuma.
Michelin star is the eventual hallmark of food superiority. They are granted to restaurants of a specifically great norm with one, two, or three stars. Unlike other rating procedures, Michelin stars aren’t depending on client reviews, but on secret analysis by anonymous food professionals recognized as the Michelin inspectors. The Michelin Guide assigns Michelin stars to restaurants that complete the criteria of the inspector’s strict assessment.
“One Michelin Star is awarded to restaurants for top-quality cooking that is value a stop; two Michelin stars for outstanding cooking that is worth a detour; and three Michelin Stars for extreme cooking that is worth a specific journey.”
The inspectors found their conclusions on 5 standards, comprising the ingredients’ quality, the cooking mastery, the flavor’s harmony, the chef’s personality throughout the cookery, and the surface both over time and throughout the menu.
The Dubai emirate becomes the 36th spot internationally for the publication of the Michelin guide. In June, the initial list of restaurants selected for the guide would be demonstrated across the digital platforms of Michelin.
Also Read: Top Things To Do In UAE This Weekend
The views published in this article are those of the author and have been written through research and this article is subject to copyright laws. Any copying, reproducing, or publishing any matter subject to this article without the original author’s consent would be liable to persecution under the laws of the land.